Reasons Why You Need an FMLA Lawyer
After an employer has violated your rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), choosing to stand up for your rights and pursue an FMLA claim can be the best way to obtain the justice to which you are entitled. At this point, however, you may be wondering, Do I really need to hire an FMLA lawyer?
The answer is YES. Here’s why…
How an FMLA Lawyer Can Help You
An FMLA lawyer can be pivotal to helping you:
- Understand your rights and the claims process – One of the first hurdles to this process can be knowing whether you have an FMLA claim and, if so, what you need to do to get that claim initiated. An FMLA lawyer can review your case, explain your rights and clearly explain the next steps that have to be taken.
- Be taken seriously by employers – When employers have failed to comply with the FMLA and have violated workers’ rights, it is not uncommon for them to also disregard workers’ claims regarding FMLA violations. With an FMLA attorney on your side, however, employers will be far more likely to take your claim seriously; they may even be more compelled to try to favorably resolve your claim ASAP, rather than giving you the runaround.
- Navigate the complexities of the claims process – The process of filing FMLA claims can be complicated, and making mistakes along the way can end up impacting people’s ability to secure the compensation they may deserve. To ensure that you meet all claim deadlines, complete/submit the appropriate documents and successfully navigate the other logistics of the claims process, it’s best to work with an experienced FMLA attorney who has gone through this before – and who has done so successfully before.
- Craft and present the strongest possible case – An experienced FMLA lawyer will know what type of evidence to gather (and where to look for it) to ensure that you have the best possible claim moving forward. In fact, at Barrett & Farahany, our Atlanta FMLA lawyers always work diligently to obtain every piece of evidence and information that’s needed to win our clients’ cases.
- Stand up to employers and hold them accountable – It can be difficult to face the employer who wronged you, and an attorney can be your advocate, helping you confront an employer in any legal setting.
- Obtain all available remedies to which you are entitled – Ultimately, you want your FMLA claim to be successful, and part of this success can involve financial recovery. With the help of a lawyer, you can pursue all available options for financial recovery, allowing you to obtain the maximum possible compensation for your claim.
When to Contact an FMLA Lawyer
If any of the following have impacted you, it will be time to contact the Atlanta FMLA lawyers at the Law Firm of Barrett & Farahany, LLP:
- You have been fired, demoted or denied a promotion for exercising your FMLA rights.
- Your employer has delayed reinstating you to your former job after your FMLA leave.
- Your employer has demoted you after your return from an FMLA leave.
- Your employer has taken any adverse employment action against you for filing an FMLA claim.
Atlanta FMLA Lawyers at the Law Firm of Barrett & Farahany, LLP
Has your employer violated your FMLA rights? If so, contact the experienced Atlanta FMLA lawyers at the Law Firm of Barrett & Farahany, LLP today. Our attorneys can provide you with the highest quality legal services while:
- Aggressively defending your rights
- Keeping you involved in and informed about the progress of your case
- Successfully representing your interests to help you obtain the best resolution to your case.